Engineering Lead(Core Banking)
Full time: Lagos,Nigeria
Aku is a funded and fully licensed payment-led digital bank on a mission to disrupt cash and drive financial inclusion one mobile device at a time.
About the Role
Aku is looking for an Engineering lead responsible for driving the development of Aku’s product in the banking sector.
- Define and maintain robust architectural frameworks and standards that support the development of innovative banking solutions.
- Scope and lead building of new product features and highly performant microservices.
- Collaborate closely with product management, design, and other departments to ensure seamless coordination in delivering exceptional FinTech products.
- Oversee the end-to-end software development lifecycle, ensuring high-quality, scalable, and secure FinTech products.
- Attract, recruit, and retain top engineering talent, while continuously developing and mentoring team members to drive their growth and success.
- Collaborate with the executive team to shape and execute the company's technical strategy, aligning it with business objectives and staying at the forefront of industry trends.
- Communicate engineering strategy and status updates transparently and effectively to stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Make tradeoffs that consider business priorities, user experience, and a sustainable technical foundation.
- Establish and enforce rigorous quality assurance practices, including testing and code reviews, to maintain the highest product quality standards.
- Maintain a deep understanding of industry regulations and cybersecurity best practices to ensure our FinTech products are secure and compliant.
Experience and Requirements
- Proven track record of leadership in engineering roles within the fintech or banking sector.
- Strong knowledge of banking products and financial services.
- Strong technical background, with 7+ years of hands-on experience, using Java, and Spring Boot.
- Strong technical experience using Java, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, SQL (Stored procedures, JPQL/Criteria API)
- Solid knowledge of security (Access Controls, roles, Permissions).
- Hands-on experience architecting and building large-scale, highly available distributed systems/applications.
- Experience working with relational databases, schema design, and performing query optimizations
- Leverage automated tests and observability tooling to help ship features to production with confidence.
- A good understanding of CI/CD tools, and containerization (Docker/Kubernetes).
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to articulate complex, technical concepts to any audience.
- Experience leading, coaching, and mentoring a high-performance engineering team.
- Ability to craft well-written technical design documentation.
- Prior experience working on core banking infrastructure (Lending, Savings, Payments, VAS)