Senior Frontend Developer
Full time: Lagos Nigeria
Aku is a digital bank licensed by the CBN to offer easy payment and simple banking for everyone. Send/receive money and pay bills via USSD, app, and cards. We are on a mission to help Africans get paid and grow.
At Aku, performance is paramount. We have ample measurement systems and incentive schemes to recognize and encourage performance. In this way, the extra effort that you put into building products will quickly be recognized.
Aku is looking for a well-rounded Senior Front-end Developer to build well-designed and responsive banking applications using the tools that are well out in front of the technology wave.
You set high standards for yourself for quality, performance, and maintainability while keeping scope, budget, and timeline in mind.
You are capable of leading a small development team, helping the team to hone their skills, and building a positive team culture – while embracing and supporting unique personalities.
- You can implement solutions that are user responsive and efficient.
- You have knowledge of the entire web development process.
- You are capable of implementing a resilient web architecture.
- You have experience with testing and debugging.
- You have an eye for layout aesthetics.
- You are analytical and you have a keen eye for details.
- You have great problem-solving skills and you work well in a team.
- You're curious about new technologies and you're driven to find ways to implement them in your work.
- You have experience with coaching and mentoring other developers.
- You can oversee and drive projects forward.
- Minimum (4) years building front-end database applications: Create, read, update, delete, and search user-entered data records and apply data business rules.
- Working experience building web applications.
- Working experience utilizing/calling a RESTful API that supports database applications.
- Experience working in the fintech industry is a plus.