Senior Backend Engineer
Full time: Lagos, Nigeria
Aku is a digital bank licensed by the CBN to offer easy payment, simple banking for everyone. Send/receive money and pay bills via USSD, app, cards. We are on a mission to help africans get paid and grow.
The Senior Backend Engineer will be tasked with troubleshooting and improving current backend applications and processes and building new applications to streamline and enhance internal and external processes.
The role holder will use his or her understanding of programming languages and tools to analyze current code and industry developments, formulate more efficient processes, solve problems, and create a more seamless experience for users.
- Take full responsibility for products while they are in development and issues that arise when they are in use.
- Performs hands-on coding using Java 17 & unit testing.
- Interact with tech lead to understand technology direction/changes, standards and best practices.
- Resolve technical issues for designers and developers during product lifecycle.
- Designs, develops, and implements web-based Java applications to support business requirements. Follows approved life cycle methodologies, creates design documents, and performs program coding and testing.
- Resolves technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks.
- Contribute to the design and develops high-quality software for large scale Java/Spring Batch/Micro-service applications.
- Perform unit and system testing of application code as well as execution of implementation activities.
- Analyze business requirements, and create technical design documents that are in accordance with the company's architecture standards.
- Ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved. Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents, maintains, and modifies computer programs of high complexity, significance, and risk.
- Performs and/or leads design, coding, testing, implementation, and documentation of solution. Develops basic and detailed program specifications.
- Minimum 5 years software engineering core backend experience preferably in a financial technology company.
- Proficiency in Java 17, Spring, Spring Boot, REST, JSON, Micro Services, 12 Factor Apps.
- Experience with Microservices is a nice to have.
- Ability to design, develop and implement scalable, elastic microservice-based platforms
- Demonstrated knowledge of token-based authentication protocol and Security Coding Standards.
- Excellent problem solving/troubleshooting skills on Java 17 technologies
- Experience using Ziphster for Microservice development will be added advantage).
- Proficiency in the following general areas: Java 17 Spring Framework, Ziphster, DevOps pipeline and Github.
- Experience with RESTful services, Rabbit MQ/Kafka/Kinesis, JSON, Unix Scripting.
- Core development experience in large-scale enterprise Java applications using Spring Framework.
- Experience in using PostgreSQL database.