Junior Backend Engineer
Full time: Lagos, Nigeria
Aku is a digital bank licensed by the CBN to offer easy payment, simple banking for everyone. Send/receive money and pay bills via USSD, app, cards. We are on a mission to help africans get paid and grow.
The Junior Backend Engineer will be tasked with troubleshooting and improving current backend applications and processes and building new applications to streamline and enhance internal and external processes.
The role holder will use his or her understanding of programming languages and tools to analyze current code and industry developments, formulate more efficient processes, solve problems, and create a more seamless experience for users.
- Work with developers to design algorithms and flowcharts
- Produce clean, efficient code based on specifications
- Integrate software components and third-party programs
- Verify and deploy programs and systems
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Gather and evaluate user feedback
- Recommend and execute improvements
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting with latest technologies such as Java (latest versions), Spring and Spring Boot, Docker and Consul, PostgreSQL, Microservices architecture on Azure.
- Minimum of 2 years hands-on java 17 experience building financial services products.
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Knowledge of coding languages (e.g. C++, Java) and frameworks/systems (e.g. AngularJS, Git)
- Experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (e.g. Hibernate)
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude.