Head of Engineering
Full time: Lagos, Nigeria
Aku is a digital bank licensed by the CBN to offer easy payment, simple banking for everyone. Send/receive money and pay bills via USSD, app, cards. We are on a mission to help africans get paid and grow.
We are looking for a Head of Engineering to provide sound technical leadership in all aspects of our business. You will communicate with employees, stakeholders and customers to ensure our company’s technologies are used appropriately.
The selected candidate will be responsible for building and leading a team of engineers for designing, developing, implementing, integrating, testing, qualifying, and maintaining the embedded software on a wide range of systems.
- Collaborate closely with frontend engineers to ensure that the designed solutions respond to non-functional requirements such as availability, performance, security, and maintainability.
- Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals.
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage.
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes.
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance.
- Use stakeholders’ feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology.
- Supervise technical leads, analyzing software performance and configuration systems, and managing the deployment and integration of new software.
- Develop cutting-edge software solutions to optimize our business operations.
- Managing the installation and configuration of software solutions.
- Resolve software deployment and integration errors, and documenting processes.
- Perform routine maintenance and monitoring performance metrics.
- Ensure the team follows best practices by writing clean and well tested code, think logically and solve problems.
- Minimum of 8 years software engineering experience.
- Experience in leading and managing software engineering teams in an agile environment.
- Strong project management skills with ability to manage many simultaneous projects.
- Experience using server side languages java or Java with microservice approach.
- Full stack understanding of web API/database development concepts and patterns.
- Extensive experience in developing, deploying, and integrating software solutions.
- Proficiency in documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics.
- Knowledge of best practices related to data encryption and cybersecurity.
- Ability and passion to quickly learn and implement new technologies as required.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, problem-solving, detail-focused, motived, good at teamwork