Frontend Developer Intern
Internship: Lagos, Nigeria
Aku is a digital bank licensed by the CBN to offer easy payment, simple banking for everyone. Send/receive money and pay bills via USSD, app, cards. We are on a mission to help Africans get paid and grow.
At Aku, performance is paramount. We have ample measurement systems and incentive schemes to recognise and encourage performance. In this way, extra effort that you put towards building products will quickly be recognise.
As a Front-End Developer intern, you will contribute to shaping the front-end of our product and developing an excellent user-centered experience.
The role holder will use his or her understanding of programming languages and tools to analyse current code and industry developments, formulate more efficient processes, solve problems, and create a more seamless experience for users.
- Use markup languages like HTML to create user-friendly web pages
- Maintain and improve website and applications
- Optimise applications for maximum speed
- Design mobile-based features
- Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability
- Get feedback from, and build solutions for, users and customers
- Write functional requirement documents and guides
- Create quality mockups and prototypes
- Help back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Ensure high quality graphic standards and brand consistency
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Familiar with JS tools
- Experience writing code from scratch
- Experience testing and debugging work on multiple browsers & screen sizes
- Thrive in a fast-paced working environment, owning deadlines and striving for efficiency
- Familiarity with Azure or similar project management and issue tracking software
- Working knowledge of design principles, typography, user interfaces, Web standards and usability
- Familiar with interaction design and information architecture methods and principles:
🔆 Flexible working hours
🔝 Remote friendly
👩🏻⚕️ Health Insurance
😎 Team building events
🌃 Paid Leave Days
31st of August, 2022